Friday, February 27, 2009

Exciting News!

Mike just came home with some super exciting news and after calling my family I still need to shout it from the roof tops. Mike got into the Periodontics honers program for 4th year!!! They only choose 4 students and there was something like 70 students apply. It means he gets to learn periodontal procedures and even do surgeries! It's like a built in periodontal residency. That would have normally been an extra year after graduating. It also hugely ups our chances of getting into a periodontal specialty program. It would be 3 more years of school (gulp) but also triple the income when we get out. All I know is I am super proud of him he totally deserves it and it just confirms what I already know--Mike your amazing!!

8 comments:

Shaunna said...

I have to say congrats!! That is awesome and something John would have loved to do. Perio is also what he wanted to do. Who knows maybe we will be back here doing it in a few years. Way to go Mike!

Kersten said...

That is great. Congrats.

Lisa said...

Hooray for you and Mike. That is excellent. Hope you are well.

Steve n Julees Great Adventure said...

Mike, Congratulations! We are so happy for you and proud of you. Thanks for all you do for your little family and ours-we love you!

cabeandmelplus3 said...

Thats awsome!! Congrats!...When are you going to post about your fun times with Becca?? Oh and we missed you this weekend!!

Katie said...

YAY!! That's so awesome!

HRHNeenerita said...

This is total great news and I am proud to be the Aunt of such a student. Congratulations

Crockett's Blue Pencil said...

Congratulations! Wow, what an accomplishment...