Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Cruise

My parents watched the girls for us this last weekend and Mike and I were able to go on a three day cruise to the Bahamas. I really can't thank them enough it was a fantastic break. Unfortunately we had a cold front come through so the weather was kind of cold (68ish) and it was super windy which is really weird for us, it is rarely windy here unless their is a storm coming . The wind made us miss our stop at Cococay because it was to windy to get us in, I guess you have to tender in on smaller boats. Even though there was a few disappointments 3 days with no kids, diapers, cooking, cleaning etc. was total bliss. The boat was amazing the food was super good and it's all free you can order whatever you want, as much as you want, any time of day. Oh and I got to have uninterrupted conversations with Mike and take 2 hour naps every day. I have been daydreaming about it all day -sigh.This is me trying to hold my dress down so it doesn't come flying up from the wind.
We spent a day in the Bahamas. The water was amazingly blue the picture really doesn't do justice. We rented this awesome red scooter so we could see everything on the island. It was scary because they drive on the opposite side of the street. I can't believe we were that brave but we made it back alive and it was super fun.

Formal night

Here is one of the cute towel animals they leave on your pillow everyday.

5 comments:

cabeandmelplus3 said...

OH how fun!! I want a vacation so bad!! That is one of the great perks of living in Florida it is easy to go on a cruise! I am so glad you had a break!! Miss ya! XOXO

Kikal said...

Love the Marilyn Monroe pose!

Zach, Keri, Saylor and Casha said...

How fun for you guys. Cruises are so fun and I'm glad you guys got to experience it. The scooter looks like it would be the funnest thing.

BEARD said...

I was wondering how your cruise went. Looks like you had a BLAST!!! I'm so glad we got to see each other when you were in Idaho. Take care!! Miss ya.

IRISH BERNT'S said...

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR TIME AWAY. CRUISES ARE SO FUN AND WHAT AN AMAZING BREAK FROM EVERYTHING. LOVE YA AND MISS YOU!