
When the laundry room smells of chlorine and there is a swimsuit on the back of every door you know its summertime here in sunny south Florida. The girls and I swap our morning routine of going to the park every morning for going to the pool I then have to take a nap because the sun turns me into a zombie then we stay in our A/C till the sun goes down. Summer nights here are wonderful the air smells and feels so good. I was just thinking how this is our last full summer here and there are so many things I will miss. Anyway sorry for the rambling I had to post these pictures of Lily swimming! All by herself! Isn't she amazing? I started her out with arm floaters and it wasn't enough to keep her up. If I just held her in the pool she would get mad and try to push me away thinking she could just swim around by herself. I tried one of those inter tubes with the leg holes, well she wasn't happy about that I am sure she was thinking, "Mom I am all grown up and these are for babies!" I finally dug out Madison's old life vest paired it with the arm floaties and presto she can swim by herself.

Madison's latest accomplishment has been mastering the monkey bars. After watching the big kids do it she spent the whole two hours we were there practicing until she got it down. She is so like her dad :)
We also tried sponge rollers for the first time. She skipped around everywhere she went the next day so she could feel her curls bounce on her shoulders.


Lily wanted to be like sister and have a roller in her hair. She was pretty proud of it. I have to point out that this was the only roller we put in the rest of the curls are her natural curl. I think it's so pretty.
2 comments:
I can't believe Lilers is swimming!
D is becoming a monkey bar master too. We will have to take them to the park when you get here.
Kent and I can't believe how much Lily's hair looks like K's. Color, texture, little colors and all. We tried putting curlers in K's hair, she looked like Ronald McDonald (just incase you were wondering what would happen to Lily's hair in curlers)
So fun to see Lily swimming all by herself!! And, Madison, so proud of you on those monkey bars-can't wait to see you person, honey!!
Post a Comment