Saturday, September 5, 2009
We Have An Anouncement......
As many of you know Mike has been interviewing for Periodontics residencies. He got 9 interviews, went on 3 (so far) and received 3 acceptances on the same day! It has been a hard decision between: Stony Brook, NY; Louisville, KY; Kansas City, MO and whether to go on the rest of the interviews or not. We've spent the last few days praying, stressing, panicking, praying, repeat.... Well we've made our decision and the winner is (drum roll please)..........University of Missouri, Kansas City! The program has some awesome perks. First he gets 30% of his production (this is crazy since very few residencies are paid.) Second he will finish in 30 months instead of the regular 36 (also rare). I am excited that we can rent a house for less then we pay for our apartment here in Florida. I was also excited to hear there are alot of other LDS students AKA my lifeline away from home. I can't wait to visit all of the church history sites and go on some new adventures. I am crazy over the moon proud of Mike for getting one of the two seats offered their every year and can't wait to be in Missouri 9 months from now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
FANTASTIC! Congratulations!! Smarts and good looks - that's what got him in... i mean, pictures of the kids and Madison in preschool. They don't really care what HE can do. hahaha
That's great, You guys will love it there! Who couldn't be happy to have a faster program too. :)
I am excited for you. The waiting to find out where you are going is the worst, now you can breathe easier. Congrats!
Great news...I hope everything goes smoothly for you-
WOW congrats!! HEy if you need any info on place....and the town....you know, let me know! Melanie just movies from there a couple months ago! So excited for you!! Hope all goes well!!
Congrats guys!! That is soooo awesome! It must be nice to know where you are going and be on to the next phase!!!
congrats! That is soo awesome. You are going to LOVE living in a house. What a difference a back yard and a garage can do to your sanity.
HOLLA! YAY Mike! I bet it is such a relief to not have your life so up in air anymore :) I hope you love it there, but we will miss you all!
Congratulations...maybe we'll make it out there while you are still there. The church sites are inspiring. Be sure to visit Nauvoo, too.
congrats...i wish we knew what was going on 9 months from now. that is great!
Post a Comment